Farbe als außen Dampf-Transport-fähig Wasserschutz?

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Farbe als außen Dampf-Transport-fähig Wasserschutz?

Hi, I'm going with english here, sorry. I don't know the correct terms to use.
      In the US, there is a brand of Sperrholz for walls and roofs, called ZIP system, which has a coating of special paint on it which is waterproof but can also breathe some moisture through it (if it gets into the walls).
      I'm wondering if there is some type of special paint here that could be used on my Sperrholz walls to do the same thing. This would replace Tyvek, Mento or Bitumenpapier, usw. Just easier to apply.
      One can buy such paints in the US that do this job - like what the ZIP system must use. But I don't know where to look or what it's called here.
      Thanks for any help.
      Bilder
      • download.jpg

10,83 kB, 366×138, 11 mal angesehen

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von siltsunrise ()

• The ZIP system is an OSB panel with a waterproof coating, I do not think it's just a coat of paint. I do not know the trade secret, but I suspect it has been glued to the OSB panel, with water-permeable adhesive, a roofing membrane (like MENTO).
      OSB already has the properties of a vapor barrier and I only know this here in Germany, which are built from OSB panels hunter seats, which are protected from the outside with a weatherproof paint against moisture.

P.S.: Search for "OSB conti finish", which are factory-fitted with a waterproof protective layer

Das ZIP-System ist eine OSB Platte mit einer Wasserfesten Beschichtung, ich glaube nicht das es einfach nur ein Anstrich ist. Ich kenne das Betriebsgeheimnis nicht, aber ich vermute, das auf die OSB Platte, mit wasserdurchlässigen Klebstoff, eine Unterspannbahn aufgeklebt wurde.
      OSB hat ja schon die Eigenschaften einer Dampfbremse und ich kenne das hier in Deutschland nur, das aus OSB Platten Jägersitze gebaut werden, die von außen mit einer Wetterschutzfarbe gegen Feuchtigkeit geschützt werden.

P.S.: Suche nach "OSB contiFinish", die sind ab Werk mit einer Wasserdichten Schutzschicht

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von DietmarS68 ()

• There's no plastic in a zip panel. It's painted osb. I'm quite sure about that.
      If the paint idea doesn't fly, I'm using bitumenpapier. No plastic in there either.
      I have two samples I snatched from rolls at Hornbach that I'm experimenting with now, to see how they transport and repel water. One is a bit too thin and weak, the other may be too thick.
      A high quality Bitumenpapier (Super Jumbo Tex) is what I used and loved in the US (it's on millions of buildings there). It's very waterproof but can transport trapped moisture too.
      I can get is shipped from the US, but it's very pricy to ship, and will take weeks. It's raining now. ;)
    • Is the question how you define plastic?
      For me, any product made from petroleum is some kind of plastic.
      Bitumen is made from petroleum, just like the polyethylene in the MENTO foil. The synthetic resin in the weatherproof paint, as well as the paint on the ZIP system, are also made of petroleum.
      For my understanding, that's all, in any way a plastic ...

P.S.: Sorry, if I've stolen your illusions now, no matter what you use, it's going to be somehow made of petroleum to be waterproof.
    • its not a good idea, to paint outside. i prefer not to paint at all because
      - once paint, every 2-3years you must paint
      - the water vapor permeablitiy should be 8 times higher outside then inside. water will be locked inside the insulation, a desaster for the builiding&the insul
      - the right wood dont need any painting

- besides osb & co are unhealthy,

there are "braething" paints for example ribigslos.ch/UserFiles/File/Prospekt_Schlammfarbe_Web.pdf but i would recommend to protect the wood from direct & indirect rain. most of them are based on oil, you can image when rain hits the wall in a regular manner
    • The paint would go under the wooden siding, over the OSB. It would be doing the same thing as Tyvek, etc.
      I'm not sure how important the outside vapor breathability is, really, as Sperrholz/OSB doesn't breathe much anyway. Another layer on top of that won't change much. I imagine having a very breathable inside gives security. And making sure water doesn't get into the walls in the first place!
      Ja, OSB has a bit of formaledhyde and glue in it, but it's made from small, young trees, so in that regard, is more efficient and sustainable, at least. I try to build as green as possible, but nothing's perfect. Sperrholz has glues in it too. One can use Massivholz Bretter, but that's a pain to install (best done at 45 degree angle), and not airtight, and costs a lot more.
      I'll use larch on the outside, and some osmo stuff, if anything.
      Thanks for the link. I'll take a look.
    • Maybe my next house. I was in a hurry so just grabbed the Sperrholz and OSB. Not easy to find 9-10mm Bretter either, I think.
      I mistyped. I actually have Sperrholz on the walls, not OSB. Only my floor is OSB. One could make the subfloor with Bretter too...I wonder how squeeky that would be though. ;)
      I did at least shop for the cleanest OSB/Sperrholz I could find. Good forestry, very low formaldehyde content...
    • there is so little possibilities building ECO and with OSB and not with masiv wood logs. I seen hundreds of ECO Tinys and all use Tyvek. You say that you better use Bitumenpappier but its more Eco-unfriendly as Tyvek or Paint and your OSB needs to breath. Somewhere you need to compromise and like i said, everyone chooses Tyvek.