Farbe als außen Dampf-Transport-fähig Wasserschutz?

• The ZIP system is an OSB panel with a waterproof coating, I do not think it's just a coat of paint. I do not know the trade secret, but I suspect it has been glued to the OSB panel, with water-permeable adhesive, a roofing membrane (like MENTO).
    OSB already has the properties of a vapor barrier and I only know this here in Germany, which are built from OSB panels hunter seats, which are protected from the outside with a weatherproof paint against moisture.

P.S.: Search for "OSB conti finish", which are factory-fitted with a waterproof protective layer

Das ZIP-System ist eine OSB Platte mit einer Wasserfesten Beschichtung, ich glaube nicht das es einfach nur ein Anstrich ist. Ich kenne das Betriebsgeheimnis nicht, aber ich vermute, das auf die OSB Platte, mit wasserdurchlässigen Klebstoff, eine Unterspannbahn aufgeklebt wurde.
    OSB hat ja schon die Eigenschaften einer Dampfbremse und ich kenne das hier in Deutschland nur, das aus OSB Platten Jägersitze gebaut werden, die von außen mit einer Wetterschutzfarbe gegen Feuchtigkeit geschützt werden.

P.S.: Suche nach "OSB contiFinish", die sind ab Werk mit einer Wasserdichten Schutzschicht

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von DietmarS68 ()

• simple OSB and Tyvek would be much cheaper than OSB + 3-5 large buckets of special paint. Painting is as much time consuming and problematic as wraping.

• Jeff, any form of getting the house waterproof will ultimately result in some kind of plastic. Also, the coating on the ZIP system or any waterproof paint, will contain some kind of plastic ...

• Is the question how you define plastic?
    For me, any product made from petroleum is some kind of plastic.
    Bitumen is made from petroleum, just like the polyethylene in the MENTO foil. The synthetic resin in the weatherproof paint, as well as the paint on the ZIP system, are also made of petroleum.
    For my understanding, that's all, in any way a plastic ...

P.S.: Sorry, if I've stolen your illusions now, no matter what you use, it's going to be somehow made of petroleum to be waterproof.

• its not a good idea, to paint outside. i prefer not to paint at all because
    - once paint, every 2-3years you must paint
    - the water vapor permeablitiy should be 8 times higher outside then inside. water will be locked inside the insulation, a desaster for the builiding&the insul
    - the right wood dont need any painting

- besides osb & co are unhealthy,

there are "braething" paints for example http://www.ribigslos.ch/UserFi…pekt_Schlammfarbe_Web.pdf but i would recommend to protect the wood from direct & indirect rain. most of them are based on oil, you can image when rain hits the wall in a regular manner

• yes massiv is more work, thats right. depends what you want. if i build for 100y and more the extra hours are not relevant. the outside wood (eg lärche) costs more, but inside fichte is rel cheap. and its a tiny house, so not that much m2 ;)

• there is so little possibilities building ECO and with OSB and not with masiv wood logs. I seen hundreds of ECO Tinys and all use Tyvek. You say that you better use Bitumenpappier but its more Eco-unfriendly as Tyvek or Paint and your OSB needs to breath. Somewhere you need to compromise and like i said, everyone chooses Tyvek.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!